I read this post recently: 200 Ways to Bless Your Child with a Happy Childhood, and loved it.
It includes a long list of simple ways to have fun with your kids, like:
- Build forts
- Let them jump in piles of clean laundry
- Have staring contests
- Make a refrigerator box rocket and fly to Mars for dinner with them
- Go to their teddy bear tea parties
I’m adding nine more . . . will you share one, too?
1) Let them squeeze fresh juice and drink it all.
2) Fill a tub with salt and let them play.
3) Make clothespin people. Give them names.
4) Let them dance in the rain. Join them.
5) Drive a car cart at the grocery. Make car sounds as you go.
6) Bake cookies. Use sprinkles.
7) Make their breakfast into a funny face. Make yours into one, too.
8) Make funny faces at each other.
9) Bake a pie for someone special. Let them decorate it.
10) Do you have one more to add? What simple things have you done this summer that your child (and you!) will cherish forever?