We’re really into sharks over here.
Jack spent a few days as a hammerhead shark (thanks to a couple of washable Crayola markers).
And we recently bought a shark umbrella stroller (another impulse buy from Target!).
Now we’re working on shark costumes for Halloween.
Here’s a picture of ours so far:
Think you might give it a try? Here’s what you need:
1. Gray, blue, or black hoodie. (Target)
2. Red felt for the mouth (Michaels Craft Store)
3. White felt for the teeth (Michaels Craft Store)
4. Large plastic eyes (Michaels Craft Store)
5. Hot glue gun
Here’s what you do:
1. Turn the hoodie inside out. Cut the red felt to fit inside each side of the hood.
2. Cut out strip of white felt (about 2″ x 12″). Cut a zigzag down the middle to create a strip of teeth.
3. Use hot glue to glue the teeth onto the front edge of the hoodie. Glue on the red felt to the inside of each side of the hoodie. Let it dry.
4. Turn the hoodie right side in. Glue on eyes. Let dry.
6. Put on and ATTACK!!!!!
UPDATE: For guidance on making a menacing back fin, click here.