My sister-in-law’s name is Jennifer, but everyone in her family calls her “Gigi.” She is beyond cool. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband Andrew and their new son, Eddie. Once when I was visiting, Gigi and Andrew hosted an amazing dinner party. The spread included these “brussels and blue cheese.” It’s definitely a bold move to put two highly pungent ingredients in one dish and serve it to a crowd. But it was no surprise that Gigi could pull it off! Now, you can, too. Really, even if you’re not a big fan of brussel sprouts, you must give these a try; they are so easy and soooooo good!
Brussel Sprouts and Blue Cheese
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed quartered lengthwise
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt, or to taste
- 3 to 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place olive oil and butter in large skillet; heat over medium heat until butter is melted. Add brussel sprouts; sprinkle with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until brussel sprouts are golden brown on most sides, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add blue cheese; cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese begins to melt, about 2 minutes. Taste; adjust salt if needed and add black pepper. Serve immediately.
Read more about this chef..