I make this dish with Parmesan because it’s usually what we have on hand, but you could get creative with whatever cheese you love. I bet gruyere would be fantastic, as would fontina, or even cheddar. You could also add garlic or chives for extra kick. If you discover a good combo, would you let me know? I’d love to try it!
Cheesy Puréed Cauliflower
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed of stem and leaves
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- Cut cauliflower florets off the stems. Place in a steamer basket with a small amount of water; steam, covered, until very tender. Remove pot from heat but reserve cooking water.
- Using tongs, transfer the cauliflower to the bowl of a food processor. Add the butter, half-and-half, Parmesan, salt and pepper, and 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water. Process everything until desired consistency is reached — from very smooth to somewhat chunky. If you prefer a thinner consistency, add another 1/4 cup of the cooking water, and blend again.
- Taste; adjust salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Read more about this chef..