This easy and delicious coffee cake is a perfect addition to your holiday traditions!
Christmas Morning Coffee Cake
- Cook Time
- 1 9-inch coffee cake
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra light olive oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- For the topping:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a round 9-inch cake pan with baking spray or soft butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine. Add the oil, milk, egg and extracts. Mix to combine again. Pour batter into the greased pan.
- In a food processor, mix the topping ingredients until mixture has the texture of cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool for at least 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve!
Read more about this chef..