Cream Cheese Icing
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners' sugar
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add confectioners' sugar, about 1 cup at a time, beating after you add each cup. The icing is finished when all ingredients are thoroughly combined and creamy.
- If you want, you can decorate each cupcake by spreading the icing on top of each cupcake with a butter knife. This is great for when you are in a rush or when kids want to participate. On the other hand, if you have time and want something that looks a little more professional, you can pipe the icing with a Ziploc bag. For instructions on how to pipe with a Ziploc bag, click here.
Read more about this chef..