Although I love this sauce on a perfectly grilled steak, it goes well on all kinds of things. From roasted chicken to pan-seared lamb chops to baked salmon. With butter and cream as the main ingredients, it’s quite rich, so you don’t need more than a tablespoon or two for each person. It’s definitely best made the day of, and preferably, just minutes before serving.
Creamy Mustard Sauce
- Cook Time
- about 1/3 cup
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Place all of the ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium heat. As the butter melts, stir the ingredients until well-combined.
- Reduce heat to medium low, so the sauce just barely simmers. Continue stirring and cooking for a few minutes, letting the sauce reduce and thicken.
- Remove pan from heat. Pour sauce into a small serving dish or ramekin. While sauce is still hot, spoon sauce over steaks (or chops, chicken, or fish), and serve immediately.
Read more about this chef..