Dark Chocolate Tart
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 6 ounces (about 2 cups) mini Oreos or chocolate wafer cookies
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces dark or semisweet chocolate
- For serving: whipped cream, berries, mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cookies in the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely ground. Add melted butter; process until combined and moist. Press crumbs into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake until set, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool.
- Place cream, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Add butter; simmer, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted. Remove pan from heat. Add chocolate; stir until smooth. Pour filling into crust. Smooth top with a spoon if needed.
- Refrigerate until filling is set, about 3 hours. Slice and serve chilled. Top with whipped cream, berries, and fresh mint, if desired.
Read more about this chef..