Peach & Tomato Gazpacho
- 8 cups
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 peaches, cut into pieces
- 20 ounces low-sodium tomato juice
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- For Serving: Extra virgin olive oil, diced cucumber, diced peaches, guacamole or diced avocados, minced jalapeños
- Place the tomato, cucumber, and peaches into a blender or food processor. Add 10 ounces tomato juice. Blend as desired: less for a chunkier gazpacho, and more for a smoother texture. (I like mine fairly smooth.) Pour mixture into a large bowl.
- Place remaining ingredients into the blender (remaining 10 ounces tomato juice, plus the bell pepper, garlic, shallot, jalapeño, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and olive oil). Blend until well-combined and fairly smooth. Add mixture to the large bowl with the first mixture. Stir to combine.
- Taste; adjust seasonings. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve in bowls topped with a drizzle of olive oil, diced cucumbers, diced peaches, avocado or guacamole and minced jalapeños.
Read more about this chef..