Perfect White Rice
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or clarified butter
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 cup white rice, preferably Mahatma Basmati
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- Heat oil or clarified butter in a medium pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, flipping garlic occasionally to prevent burning, until lightly browned. (The garlic will taste bitter if it gets burnt or too browned.)
- Leaving garlic in the pot, add 1 cup rice and 1 teaspoon salt. With a wooden spoon, stir rice and in the hot oil so that each piece gets coated and lightly toasted.
- Add water. Increase heat to high and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover with a tight-fitting lid, and simmer for 20 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and serve.
Read more about this chef..