We eat a lot of peas at our house! They’re just so easy … they’re hard to resist on a busy weeknight.
Here’s what you do:
- Buy a 16 ounce bag of frozen petite green peas anytime you’re at the grocery store. (Petite green peas tend to be a bit sweeter and more tender than full size.) Store them in the freezer.
- On the day you want to cook them, take the bag out of the freezer and set it on the counter. Let the peas thaw on the counter during the day.
- Right before dinner, put the peas in a glass bowl and pop everything in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. (Yes, microwave. Yes, I do call myself a chef.)
- Next add 1 Tablespoon butter, 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar), and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the bowl.
- Right before serving, put the bowl back in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Toss and serve!
My kids love them with the touch of sugar and butter, and I’m pleased that they’re eating something green, so it’s win / win. The dish is also a cinch to clean up. And cheap. And convenient. So I guess you could call it win / win / win / win / win :)
More dishes like that please!