Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 8 wraps
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice (juice of 1 1/2 limes, approx.)
- 2 - 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/8 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 8 butter lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
- 8 slices fresh mango
- 8 slices avocado
- 8 slices cucumber (sliced lengthwise)
- Sliced fresh jalapeños
- Pink pickled onions
- To make the dressing, place the fish sauce, oil, lime juice, and sugar in a medium bowl. Whisk until combined. Add garlic, mint, and cilantro. Whisk again. Taste; adjust sugar and salt if needed. (I generally do not use any salt because the fish sauce is already so salty.)
- Add the shredded chicken to the dressing. Toss several times, until all of the chicken is coated in dressing. Let stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes. Toss again just before serving.
- To serve, place about 1/4 cup chicken in each lettuce leaf. Top with mango, avocado, cucumber, jalapeños, and onions. Wrap the leaf around all the goodies and enjoy!
Read more about this chef..